Sunday, June 3, 2012

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff


I remember early on in my career, I used to sweat the small stuff even though I didn’t know what the small stuff was.  I distinctly have memories of dreaming of ducts and pipes on drawings when I woke up the next morning from a deep sleep.  Every mistake was an offense against me personally and professionally…at least that’s the way I saw it.



I sat in a seminar one day given by a project manager who had been in the business for thirty some years.  He worked on a project where the architects and engineers were working in unison like a well-oiled machine.  A check of the design drawings one day revealed that the mechanical engineers showed a space on the drawings as a mechanical shaft, the structural engineers showed the same space as a stairwell and the architects showed the same space as a boardroom.

I don’t sweat the small stuff anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment